All of us suffers with hair issues. Because of busy life we do’t get time to take proper care of ourselves result in health related issues. Our hair also get effected by our lifestyle. Dryness, hair fall, dandruff, dull hair are common problems. Lack of nutrition, stress, pollution are the major causes of these hair problems. But all of these problem can be solved by one eatable know as Chia Seeds. These are highly beneficial seeds which come in the category of superfoods, because a one tablespoon of these seeds contain all the essential nutrients in high amount required for strong and shiny hair.
What are Chia Seeds ?
Chia seeds come from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, a member of the mint family. Black and white colour unprocessed , whole grain food that can be absorbed by body as seeds. These seeds are also known as energy booster as they are packed with nutrients like protein, vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, fiber, copper, fat, calcium, antioxidants and carbohydrates. Only 2 tablespoons of chia seeds give 140 gm of calories. All of these nutrients are necessary to stop hair fall and regrow hair.
Benefits of Chia Seeds for hair
- Hair strands are made of protein known as “keratin”. Chia seeds are rich source of protein. Daily consumption of these seeds will thicken the hair and add strengths from the root. Protein produces new cells which take form of hair strand. So person who is facing hair issues like thin hair and hair fall should eat chia seeds.
- Omega 3 fatty acids available in them nourishes the skin and hair. It removes the dead cells found under the skin and moisturize it. This will add natural shine to hair and overcome dullness.
- Iron is the another nutrient available in this superfood. Iron helps in carrying more oxygen with blood. This increase in supply of oxygen with blood will promote hair growth and your hair will start looking more lively.
- Premature greying of hair is a common problem nowadays. But chia seeds are here to overcome this problem as copper, zinc and antioxidants available in them helps to produce melanin which keep the natural colour of the hair.
- Chia seeds are one of nature’s best sources of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a type of essential omega-3 fatty acid that has many important functions in the human body. Deficiency in alpha linolenic acid and linoleic acid has been associated with hair loss and scaly skin like dandruff, psoriasis.
- Studies proved that lack of B complex vitamins results in hair thinning which leads to hair loss. Regular intake of Chia Seeds will overcome this deficiency and your hair texture will start improving day by day. It will also make your hair thick and provide strength from the roots.
So these are the benefits of chia seeds for hair. We should include them in our diet for healthy hair. Not only for hair but these are also beneficial for heart, bones and skin.
How to eat Chia Seeds
These energy booster seeds can be consumed in number of ways. Sprinkle them on dishes like cereal, rice, yogurt. Soak them in water for 30 min and add them in smoothies or any other shake. Google it for more recepies.